Sunday, August 9, 2009

Louie The Pigeon

This weekend Roger, Jordan, Caleb and I were walking down College St. when we noticed that a pigeon had impaled itself on metal spikes fastened to the top of the Southside Louie's sign. It was hanging upside down between the wall and the sign flapping its wings like crazy. We all felt pretty bad to see it so I went inside to tell the bartender about it, just so our consciences were clear. When I told her, she sounded very concerned and came out to take a look. Once she saw it, she grabbed the pole for retracting the awning and asked if I'd help poke it free. We both tried but it was no use. At that point she went inside and returned with a ladder and a pair of large plyers. So with my mini jaws of life I ascended the ladder. The sea was angry that day my friends, and before I knew it I was face to face with the great beast. I pushed the pigeon straight up while holding the wires in place and he came free, falling straight on to my face and then landing on the ground.

The bartender was so gracious that she gave the boys and I a free pitcher of beer.
We named the pigeon Louie so next time you walk by and see him chilling on top of the sign, give him a nod and tell him to be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment