Thursday, August 6, 2009

Holy Crow



I stumbled upon this short recently and I was really impressed with not only the visuals but also the audio. The music is chilling and I think it really blends naturally with the imagery of the crow. The lack of colour allows you to focus on the detail of the illustration and also differentiates it from similar videos that might feature colour paint splatter and a song chosen by Steve Jobs.

I like it because it reminds me of this poster for the movie 'Premonition'. The movie was probably slop but its refreshing to see simple and creative designs in mainstream media.



Here's the crow video:
It's a little morose but that's hard to avoid when you're working with crows. They will be forever typecast to such creepy roles thanks to Mr. Poe.

No comments:

Post a Comment