Thursday, October 1, 2009

"The Bride Will Fight Again."

Quentin Tarantino made that announcement during an Italian interview recently. He added:

“Kill Bill 3 will probably come out, I gotta wait a couple of years, but I want ten years to pass from the second one to the third one.”

Kill Bill Vol.1 came out in 2003 so that means he may make the third one in 2013. Why ten years you ask? QT explains:

“Two reasons. One, I think me and Uma needed a ten year break. And the second one, I loved the character a lot. I think she deserved ten years to relax. She deserved ten years of no fighting, she deserved ten years with her child Bebe, just of peace. I put her through a lot those first two movies, I want her to have a nice, peaceful life for ten years. I want her to set up her store, and have some peace. But after ten years we’ll make her fight again.”


Do you remember in Kill Bill Vol.1 when Bill calls Elle Driver at the moment she's about to euthanize the comatose Bride? Here's his speech, it's pretty similar reasoning to the previous quote, I think.

Elle:
Speak.

Bill:
Y'all beat the hell out of that woman, but you didn't kill her. And I put a bullet in her head, but her heart just kept on beatin'. Now, you saw that yourself with your own beautiful blue eye, did you not? We've done a lot of things to this lady. And if she ever wakes up, we'll do a whole lot more. But one thing we won't do is sneak into her room in the night like a filthy rat and kill her in her sleep. And the reason we won't do that thing is because... that thing would lower us. Don't you agree, Miss Driver?

Elle:
I guess.

It's basically the same theme of respecting the person enough to give them a break but holding true to your word. What's interesting is that this logic was used when speaking about both a friendship, QT and Uma, and an adversaryship, Bill and Bride.

I need to go back to school and write some essays...

KILL BILL VOL.3!

No comments:

Post a Comment